1. The MiCD Regional Smile Challenge will be conducted in selective countries in the Asia-Pacific region, Mongolia & Iraq from August 2022 and the winners will be announced in February 2023.
2. Only dental professionals can register for the MiCD Regional Smile Challenge
3. Below are the registration requirements to sign-up for the MiCD Smile Challenge:
a. Purchase a specially created MiCD Smile Challenge Kit from the SHOFU Distributor
b. Sign-up to become a MiCD Global Network Member and receive a membership e-card
c. Complete the registration form and receive a confirmation email
d. Must use SHOFU Bioactive Composites and document a clinical case with anterior direct composite restorations where the patient’s smile was enhanced
4. Below are the requirements to submit the Smile Story and enter the challenge:
a. Submit only one smile story using SHOFU bioactive composites between 1st September to 31st December 2022 by completing the Smile Story submission form in the MiCD Global Network website under MiCD Regional Smile Challenge
b. The Smile Story should feature a new clinical case that has not been showcased or published before in print or digital media.
c. Submission to include a Brief presentation with the following information saved in PDF format labelled with the MiCD Global Network Membership number (File Size < 10MB) (Patient complaint , diagnosis, case selection, Restorative Plan, Type and shade of SHOFU Bioactive Composite used, final outcome, before and after images – macro (patient smile) and micro (intra oral view)
d. Before and after clinical images in JPEG format should be watermarked ONLY with the participant’s MiCD Global Network membership number
e. Create and share a Smile Story video as per campaign template that includes
(Patient complaint and how you met patient expectations, what you liked about the SHOFU Bioactive Composites, patient response to the final treatment outcome)
f. All files to be labelled starting with the MiCD Global Network membership number
5. Winners will be selected based on the criteria mentioned below and each criteria will have a scoring scale of 1 – 10. Each judge will then provide an average % score for the individual submission and participant with the highest score will be selected as the winner. The judging process will be blinded to help eliminate bias
a. Case Selection & Restorative Plan
b. Shade Match & Selection of Composites
c. Anatomical Form, Surface Texture, Finishing & Polishing Outcome
d. Final Aesthetic Outcome
f. Creativity in Case Presentation
g. Smile Story Video (less than 2min)
6. An independent panel of judges comprising of MiCD Clinical Trainers from Singapore, Philippines, India, Nepal and Iraq have been selected
7. Prizes for the MiCD Regional Smile Challenge
a. 1st prize -USD 5,000 & Winner’s Trophy
b. 2nd prize. -USD 3,000 & Runner-up Trophy
c. 3rd prize – USD 2000 & 2nd Runner-up Trophy
d. 10 consolation prizes – USD 500 each & SHOFU Hamper
8. Winners will be notified via email by SHOFU Dental Asia Pacific Pte Ltd in February 2023 and announced on social media
9. Winners have to provide a video on their journey throughout the MiCD Regional Smile Challenge and the impact they made on the patients smile as per the guidelines provided by SHOFU Dental Asia Pacific Pte Ltd.
10. All winners should provide consent for the clinical images of the patient and the testimonial videos to be used by the SHOFU Distributor and SHOFU Dental Asia Pacific Pte Ltd on print and digital media.
1. Only Dentist and Dental Students from the specified countries in Asia are eligible to participate in the MiCD Regional Smile Challenge
2. The clinical case submitted for the MiCD Regional Smile Challenge should not be shared on social media or published in any media form for the entire duration of the challenge. Any sharing of the clinical case will lead to disqualification of the participant.
3. SHOFU DENTAL ASIA-PACIFIC PTE LTD reserves the right to withhold final approval of the selected winners pending verification of compliance with the Challenge rules, terms and conditions. SHOFU DENTAL ASIA-PACIFIC PTE LTD reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or discontinue the Challenge if any suspected participant misconduct or other such actions impair the integrity of the Challenge, or if otherwise required by law.
4. Clinical case submission for the MiCD Regional Smile Challenge will end at midnight 31st December 2022 unless adjusted by SHOFU DENTAL ASIA-PACIFIC PTE LTD at its sole discretion.
5. SHOFU DENTAL ASIA-PACIFIC PTE LTD reserves the right to disqualify and/or exclude anyone from the Challenge, in its sole and absolute discretion, any individual or SHOFU DENTAL ASIA-PACIFIC PTE LTD distributorship for any reason, including without limitation, violation of any portion of these official rules.
6. All Challenge deadlines are subject to change without notice. The value of the cash prizes may be considered taxable income to the Challenge participants, and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the participants who receive the same.
7. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify the winners agreement and consent that their name, clinic name and country, before and after photos, testimonials or other material submitted in connection with the Challenge can be used for promotional purposes by SHOFU DENTAL ASIA-PACIFIC PTE LTD without further payment or consideration in whole or in part, in any medium.